Tuesday 16 April 2013

Prints

I researched on Pinterest and style.com looking at A/W trends, I noticed a lot of print involved, they was especially used in tight fitted skirts and dresses, but were also used in trousers and jackets, I liked the print in the skirts and dresses the most though. I'd seen this print trend on a few different trend websites and I was very interested in this look, as I really liked it. I have already noticed the printed skirts coming into fashion on clothing websites already such as top-shop and ASOS.

When I was looking at some of the prints it really reminded me of the African masks, as the pattern on the masks looked like some of the patterns I was finding on the websites. I researched some of the masks so I could involve a little history into my research.

The prints I was looking at were in a few different colours however I liked the dark colours the most as I thought they were the most common. For my trends I wanted a classy feel to it, so I think dark colours would be best for this trend, and I did notice these dark colours were in a lot of the colour trends for A/W 14 already, so this could be a good decision.

I have also noticed while I have been out that prints have become very popular with home accessories already, like curtains, cushions, carpets, bedding etc. so prints are becoming extremely popular with trends in general not just fashion clothing.

While I was looking at future prints I noticed that animal prints were on the catwalks and in for trend forecasts especially leopard print and zebra print.















No comments:

Post a Comment