Thursday 18 April 2013

Tweed

Blazers have become increasingly popular over the last few months, I have especially seen a lot of tweed blazers and coats about in the high street stores. This trend came from catwalks and magazines, and firstly in high end designer shops, and then high street stores start doing copies of the items, which makes the trend more popular as in the high street stores the products are going to be more reasonably priced.

I have seen a lot of the tweed blazers/coats in Zara especially, and I find that trends start in Zara before they do in any other high street store, I think Zara is one of the higher end stores, so after it has been in the designer stores for a while in then goes in the higher end stores before the usual ones like topshop/river island.

I looked on WGSN at coat/jacket trends for A/W 13/14 and one of the sections which proved to be very popular was the material 'tweed' it has already started to sell in shops, but the material hasn't got very popular at the moment but according to WGSN I think tweed will be very popular for coats and blazers next year.


I saw this girl in a tweed blazer shopping in TKmaxx, so I went over and asked to take a picture, and I asked her some questions about the blazer. It was from Zara and cost £65, and she got it 2 weeks ago.
So from this information I found that people are willing to spend a lot of money on blazers/jackets just to keep up with the latest trend.

















I found these blazer/jacket images of WGSN, which linked with my tweed theme. This trend is looking to be popular for S/S 13/14. Which have already started to become popular in high street stores.







I found this tweed suit skirt and jacket in a Marie Claire magazine, the advert with this image was by Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment