Thursday 28 March 2013

A/W FAUX FUR

I researched A/W 14/15 womenswear, I wanted to look at the outwear section, in this section I saw lots of different coats, the main coat that caught my attention was Faux-Fur, because I have already seen a lot of Fur out this winter, and it is going to carry on into next year according to WGSN. 


Faux-fur effects

Faux fur and sheepskin have become essentials for outerwear, used for all-over coverage as well as for trims on tweed coats. Bright shades offer a rich, vibrant and luxurious look.





When I did Street Styling in London, I saw a girl wearing a faux fur Gillet jacket, so I asked to take a photo, and by researching A/W trends I found that faux fur was going to be very popular next year, so the two girls in Chelsea was very up-to-date with fashion trends. I went to three different locations and the only two people that I saw wearing faux fur were both in Chelsea, this gives me the impression that Chelsea is the most fashionable area I had visited and were the most fashion conscious and worried about their actual appearance. The fur jackets that I saw while I was out were both brown colours, however on the trend forecast they are all brighter colours that brown, like deep pink/purple or deep green colours which I personally liked. 





















I carried on looking around on the WGSN website, and found some more images of actual Faux Fur coats, which were on the A/W 14 trend list. These are the images that I found from the page http://www.wgsn.com/content/report/Close_to_Season/Womenswear/Catwalk_Response/Autumn_Winter_2013_14/VIPS_AND_ROUNDUPS/aw1314_global_catwalks_vip.html



















I found these two images on trendstop application I have on my phone and they were from the Paris catwalk of F/W 13/14 and both these coats had fur on them, so I thought this was useful information to know that I have a lot of back up information that fur is going to be a key trend next year, so I will definitely look at involving fur in my new trend for A/W

No comments:

Post a Comment