Thursday 28 March 2013

A/W colourful trend

When I first started researching A/W 14 trends I found that a lot of colour was involved, mainly on accessories though, like hats and bags. I looked on WGSN at colour paletes and I found a few that were really colourful, which is strange for a winter collection, but as the years go on colour is becoming more and more important. I noticed that beanie style hats were popular on the catwalks but were also coming in and becoming popular already so I can tell that this fashion phase will stay popular during the autumn and winter.






I found all these pictures from street styling on WGSN, although it was for A/W trends, it used quite bright colours, I have seen a lot of bright colours out this winter already, so I think this trend will carry on next year, except I believe it will be even bigger next year, as sometimes it takes a while for trends to become popular with the whole market.

I got these colour palettes from WGSN also on the colour trends for A/W 14/15, I was quite shocked to see these kind of colours in a winter trend, but as the years go on the colours are slowly coming back into fashion, 'whatever the weather'.


















These colour charts really reminded me of the 60s, so I researched 60s images, to find bright coloured outfits, because in the 60s-70s bright colours were the fashion, and it seems now that all these bright colours are slowly coming back into fashion, and because of the colours we have already seen on the catwalk this year, I think these colours can only become more popular and similar to the 60s feel.



These two images, are what I found from the 60s/70s, which are bright colours, I decided to research this bright colour trend because on WGSN I read 'The preppy look will come through on classic basics, updated with bright colour. Prominent colours include ultraviolet, blood orange, electric blue and diode pink framed by blue/black.'














Also from the 80s fashion, disco pants have come back into fashion, and at the moment they are very popular to wear out either in the evening or as casual wear. They started off with the simple black colour at the beginning of the year and now they are introducing more bright colours which are also becoming popular. They have been popular this A/W and I do think they will stay in fashion for a while, as shops are still introducing different patterned ones, however when I have been looking on trend websites at A/W 14 I can't find any information that confirms that disco pants will be back in fashion next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment