Thursday 7 February 2013

Floral report

Today I looked on http://www.trendhunter.com for the first time, to look at any trends, the main particular trend that stood out was the 'floral opulence apparel' which was based on trends for summer/spring 2013. I looked through the whole shoot and picked out the pictures that I liked, I then put these on my pinterest in a new board. To find more images of floral trends, I looked on pinterest, and 'repined' any pictures to do with florals that I really liked, I also went on WGSN and looked at summer trends, and a catwalk based on florals for Oasis came up, so I found a few images on there which I liked so then saved, and added them to my board on pinterest.





I found these images really interesting, and some of the clothes I found especially this jacket on the right, started to become fashionable at the end of summer 2012, so does this mean the same clothes are going to be fashionable for summer 2013 aswell? Personally after looking on a number of different trend websites, I think florals' will be a big hit this summer, as people like to wear standing out type clothing which is going to get them noticed,  and this type of clothing is just the right thing. I wouldn't wear any of these clothes that I have uploaded however I do think they could look really nice on the right type of people. 
After I looked at these clothes, I went on http://www.wgsn.com/content/section/home.html  to look at colour palettes for summer 2013 to see if they matched with the usual colours that would be used for florals, and the colours that have been used for the shoot I found. The colour palettes I found were for 'S/S 13:colour direction' and I found a couple of colour palettes that really matched the floral look for this summer. 



This image was found from stylesight.com, I thought this colour collage was suitable for the colours which are used for summer/floral clothing for this year.











The majority of colours are quite bright, floral patterns are usually thought to be calm colours and relaxing but by looking at the trends it looks like this season it will be floral but the colours will change to bright colours which stand out more and are more 'in your face' type of colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment