Thursday 28 February 2013

Egypt research

In the week we had of I went to Egypt, out there I really enjoyed looking at how different the people out there dressed,the majority of the ladies looked the same and obviously followed the same trends, the majority of women out their had long dark wavey hair with dark eyes, and wore long black clothing which covered everything and some had things that covered their whole faces and some just had a head scarf on. I found the trends in Egypt totally different to our trends, in England I think that their are many different kind of trends which people with different kind of personalities follow however on holiday I felt like it was just one big cultural trend, partly due to their religion. When I looked around the shops out their they were all mostly the same and sold the exact same things, so people didn't get much of an option of what they could buy.


This photo, I took of the Egyptian dancers at my hotel I stayed in. I found their outfits quite fascinating as it was totally different to what English dancers would wear.After spending a week looking at how different the Egyptians dress, I have come to the conclusion that they definitely like to cover themselves  up so not much, if any skin should be showing, they do this to show respect to their religion or their husbands, and this is completely different to England as English women do not dress according to their husbands wants. 


Heres an image, of a group of Egyptian women, all wearing very similar clothing, this is down to the fact they in Egypt they don't have much of a choice of different style clothing. I met someone in my hotel that had their on ladies fashion shop in Cairo, so on one of my days, I went to his shop so I could look at the different options women out there actually have. His shop was one of many down a strip of basically the exact same clothes at reasonably cheap prices, most tops that the women could wear worked out to be about 10 english pounds, although the majority of the shops were all the same at cheap prices, they did have a wide colour range in most of them. Also I went to Soho Square in Egypt  and here I found a lot of actually designer shops, they sold more luxury clothing, it was still similar styles however it was just better quality and decorated better, with beads/sequins etc, at higher prices.

I really enjoyed looking at the different styles, and how different everything was to England, at Nama Bay which was a strip of shops, I found really scary as outside the strip there was security men with guns which would be very unexpected in England so I found this very uncomfortable. Also as it is quite a poor country, as you walked down the strip there was constantly people coming out of their shops begging you to come in and trying to sell you products at a very cheap price, most of the shops sold the same kind of things, so the shops have a lot of competition and find it very hard to get people to come into their shop, because personally if someone comes outside and begs me into their shop I choose not to go, however if they just left me alone I would probably browse and have a look. The way they run the shops is completely different to England, you would never find people actually outside their shops persuading you to enter, you may only get that at a market place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment